cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port code for VM landline

Jill10
Tuning in

Have been with VM for 5 years. Have never had a problem with my VM landline. On 6 Sept I gave my 30 days notice of leaving on 6 Oct. Then mysteriously on 11 Sept. my landline is dead, no dialing tone, unable to make/receive calls. I am convinced that VM have disconnected me as I gave notice to leave.

I have my final VM bill and I have reported twice to VM that my landline is not working. I have made a complaint. I am deaf and do not use a mobile. I have been communicating with VM on line or with a few calls made on relatives mobiles.

i have had no response by email from VM (my requested method per the online complaint form).

My new provider has installed their equipment and I am using my new broadband (while also paying for VM until 6 Oct).

My new provider needs a port code from VM to transfer my landline. VM have not given it.

VM have left me since 11 Sept with my landline not working. I have just spent 2 hours 10 minutes in a queue for an advisor in VM Chat and got disconnected.

My new provider asked me to get the port code from VM. I cannot find it on My Virgin Media. I cannot phone them.

Can anyone advise how I get my port code? 
Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

There have been several recent mentions of customers having their landline cut off shortly after giving notice to cancel VM. This should not happen.

You should not need a port authorisation code for a landline. It is up to the gaining provider (who you are moving to) to sort out the landline number port. It is up to VM to make the number available to port. If VM has inadvertently disconnected your line it is up to VM to re-enable it to allow the port to happen. It is a business-to-business process. The customer should not have to play any part in the actual porting process for a landline.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jill10

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are leaving us and to hear about the issues you are having with the land line.

Faults can occur at any time, if this has happened within the notice period I can assure you its simply coincidental and not intentional.

I will send you a private message now so we can look into what has happened.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide