Menu
Mitsu20
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Port Request - Any helpful techs available to send a port request to previous provider?

Hi, we've recently joined Virgin (install on 9th April) and all's going well with the Broadband service.

However, our phone number has not been ported over from Shell Energy - have contacted them and the port request just needs resending from Virgin.

Could somebody who is able to send the port request get back to me and I can send Account details / further info via private message?

Many thanks for your assistance at this time, I appreciate how busy you all must be.

Michael

0 Kudos
mlarsen1977
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Request - Any helpful techs available to send a port request to previous provider?

Hi please pm me your account number area Id and telephone number you with to port over, also is the number still live with previous provider 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Tags (1)
Mitsu20
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Request - Any helpful techs available to send a port request to previous provider?

Thanks for getting back to me Mark, I've sent a PM with the details - if you need any more info just let me know.

Michael

Mitsu20
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to add some public thanks to Mark for sorting this so quickly!

Much appreciated,

Michael

0 Kudos
Mitsu20
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

***Bumping this post to repeat the request as not resolved and getting expensive*** 

Please could somebody at Virgin Media arrange to have the Port Request sent again from Virgin to Shell Energy for my existing phone number, which remains active with them.

Shell Energy have confirmed that the number remains active with them, no port request has been received from Virgin and that there was nothing on the account which would prevent the number transfer.

I'd be really grateful if the Port Request could be sent again, as it is this which triggers the closure of our Shell Energy account and we find ourselves stuck paying two separate broadband / phone contracts and this is getting expensive for no good reason - and is well on its way to wiping out any potential saving we were to have made by joining Virgin Media.

Will send number / account details by PM.

Thanks for your time in sorting this out,

Michael

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michael,

I am sorry to hear it's not been done. 

I'll go ahead now and send the PM to sort this out.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mitsu20
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response John_GS,

PM with details sent - just let me know if you need any more info.

Best wishes,

Michael

0 Kudos