Menu
MikeBullock
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Please send engineer to connect landline

When the engineer came to install our Virgin TV he didn't install the landline - please send an engineer to install

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please send engineer to connect landline

Hi you should have called customer service whilst the engineer was present. 

Also are you sure your phone service is not through your Virgin Broadband router? 

If I was you I would give Virgin Media a call on 0800 183 1234 select option 4 then option 2 you will be put through to customer service the system will ask for your Virgin home phone number if you don’t have that just wait for Instructions to enter your Area reference and account number instead these will be on your bill or welcome letter or email.

0 Kudos
MikeBullock
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Don't you think the engineer should have sorted it out when he was here?
0 Kudos
mitch666
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If he was anything like the "engineer" that lost my phone service Friday, he probably didn't know what he was doing. 14 years faultless service from BT. I so regret ever letting Virgin take on my landline. Total chancers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there MikeBullock, 

Thanks so much for your post - I was sorry to understand that the install did not go ahead as expected. 

Does the landline form part of the package you have signed up with? Does it show on your contract? 

If so, it is very odd if this was not installed. For new customers, we are rolling out our VOIP service where you get your landline via your router; again if this was the case, the technician should have explained this and advised where to plug in your handset. 

What did the technician advise when this was queried? Have you been able to contact us so we can check your account for you? 

If you need any further assistance, please do get back in touch and we can help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos