Menu
ngreeves
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Please can you send me an adapter that allows a BT phone plug to connect to my Virgin hub?

Others have had success

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Adapter-to-connect-landline-phone-to-new-hub-3-I-rec...

As my home phone is currently not working when plugged into the BT socket in the wall and I am unable to get through to a human on the phone (I can't call 150) I can't call an engineer out!

I found the thread which suggests a simple adapter can fix the problem.

Please send me one.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please can you send me an adapter that allows a BT phone plug to connect to my Virgin hub?

Good Afternoon ngreeves,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you, and I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with the home phone.

Can you please advise me if you have any extension sockets that have any pieces of equipment connected to them? If so, can you please remove them to see if you can gain a dial tone?

Can you also please attempt a different handset in the master socket to rule out any possibility of a fault with the handset you're using?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ngreeves
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please can you send me an adapter that allows a BT phone plug to connect to my Virgin hub?

There is only one socket and one phone so I can’t do as you suggest. 

As I said I do have a Virgin hub but the socket is not suitable for the phone plug. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can you tell me the age of the handset you're using? 

We would need to rule out the possibility of a faulty handset before we send out equipment or engineers to a property

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ngreeves wrote:

Others have had success

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Adapter-to-connect-landline-phone-to-new-hub-3-I-rec...

As my home phone is currently not working when plugged into the BT socket in the wall and I am unable to get through to a human on the phone (I can't call 150) I can't call an engineer out!

I found the thread which suggests a simple adapter can fix the problem.

Please send me one.

Were you using the Hub service prior to the fault? Unless you have been migrated to use the 21CV phone service you cannot use the Hub3 sockets. Your service will still be connected to the landline phone part of the network & you will need to report the fault so that the issue with this can be traced & fixed.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ngreeves
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The phone was purchased new in 2013 and was working absolutely fine until recently when it stopped. I think we can rule out the handset being faulty.

0 Kudos
ngreeves
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I was trying to report a fault but could not penetrate the phone support to speak to an actual human. It just wished me goodbye. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Could you let us know if you are on a 21CV line?  

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
ngreeves
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know we are not but I would be happy to be switched if this will allow us to use the phone. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

At the moment,  its not something that we are able to change over, however if your landline is still not working I can look into that for you? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos