Menu
Tonemister
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone works but have regular intermittent dial tone

Hi There 

I am currently experiencing an intermittent dial tone, however the phone seem to work. The dial tone pulses in clusters of three, followed by a silent section, followed by another group of three pulsing dial tones. 

There is no crackle as far as i can tell. 

Question: Is this a fault? Is this normal? The normal cadence I am used to is a continuous dial tone. 

Any help appreciated 

Regards

Tonemiester  

0 Kudos
Steve_O1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone works but have regular intermittent dial tone

Hi,

It sounds like you are hearing the Dial Tone telling you that you have voicemail.

Press 1571 on your handset and follow the instructions. The bleeping should desist.

Thanks,

Steve

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Tags (1)
0 Kudos