Menu
Marlon05
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone was out of service

Mornings...

So basically our home phone was out of service (No Dial tone) for maybe about two years until a few weeks ago.
An engineer came and switched from the wall plugin to the modem plug which has now worked (YAY)

We was told by the young lady on the phone (virgin media call center) before hand that if the line was faulty or unable to be used that we would have been credited back the money we was paying for a service we was unable to use.

I was told by the engineer that there was a problem with the line coming into my home but not from the junction box outside. He was not able to get a signal from inside the house at all completely an left him quite baffled as to why the line was not getting a signal at all.

Basically meaning we was paying for a service we was never going to be able to use unless switched over the modem box plugin, which is now working. 

Due to the pandemic (London tier 4 lockdown) offices where shut so we couldn't call back right away to get an answer about the credit we should have back from Virgin.

So I'm left to ask here as i'm on the phone being told they have no idea of what I'm talking about an no lose of service.

I'm a little annoyed is putting it very lightly with this. So if anyone can point me in the right direction to whom I can talk so someone with capable understanding of English would be a great help.

Thanks in advance
Marlon     

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone was out of service

Did you tell Virgin 2 years ago your line was faulty?

The policy is they give you a refund from the day you report it to the fix date

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone was out of service

Hello Marlon05

Sorry to hear this has happened 

As @jb66 has adivised already 

We would credit back for loss of service from the day you reported the latest fault until it had been fixed ( has this been fixed now )

We would not be able to credit back the full 2 years 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos