Menu
Cameronm
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone wall socket

Hi, due to family circumstances we had to change our virgin account holder and signup to a new account/package. I set up the installation package and found that the phone landline new white cord only fits into the back of the hub (from the phone), not the phone wall socket. I spoke to a virgin advisor who said phone wall sockets no longer work, this means that the phone has to sit next to the hub in a room away from our bedroom where the phone previously was kept. The phone was in the bedroom so my husband could access it easily as he is unable to walk thus having the phone now in the room with the hub is of little use to him. Is this correct, can we no longer have the phone in the wall sockets in the bedroom? It seems strange that last week we were able to use the wall socket in the previous virgin account and have the phone in the bedroom and this week this is no longer possible with the new account. Any advice would be greatly received thank you.

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone wall socket

Hi there

Sounds like since you've set up the new account you have now been provided with a 21CV/VOIP line. This is the new way we provision phone lines now. The only quick work around you could do is to buy a twin pair or cordless handsets and have the main one in the room where the modem is, and the second one (which doesn't require a socket) in the room where your partner needs it. 

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Cameronm
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone wall socket

Hi, thanks for the reply, I have two cordless phones which are linked, one in the bedroom (now next to the hub) and one downstairs. Hopefully, I can buy I third phone and link it in otherwise I will need to buy three new phones and my money-saving virgin bundle has just cost me a fortune 🙂     

0 Kudos