Menu
Beebopnlula
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone via hub 3

Hi. I’ve had a phone line with VM for around 20 years now which means originally it went through a wall socket connection.  The wall socket is broken so the phone doesn’t work but what I actually want to do is enable telephony on my Hub 3 so that I can connect my phone that way.

Having scoured the help pages and finding nothing I tried calling and eventually got through to a guy who didn’t even know you could do that and instead of asking someone put me through to technical, which was an automated phone service that then hung up on me!

This is becoming very frustrating for something that I am sure will be an easy fix.

Can any one help?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone via hub 3

Hello

If you hang around a VM forum staff member will be able to advise if that is possible, as it dependent on your area, not all areas have at this time been enabled for this, you will need an engineer to resolve this as there is a change that needs to be done in the local cabinet.

At this time it is normally for new installs only.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for the post Beebopnlula and welcome to our community.

We can see you contacted the team earlier today, what was the outcome for this?

If needed we can book an appointment in for you, if you just request the engineer change this while he fixed the initial fault we're sure they'll be able to do so.

Thanks, Emily.

Beebopnlula
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emily - I was hoping to avoid calling an engineer out but it doesn’t look like I can. 

I’ll go back on line and get it booked in.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's no problem if you have any trouble please let us know and we can go through this over private message with you.

Thank you, Emily.

Beebopnlula
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Emily please can we sort this through private message. I’ve tried navigating through the online help sequences and they keep bringing me back to “ looks like you need help - please sign in” which I do but it’s going round in circles! 

thank you 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Beebpnlula, 

I am sorry that you have had issues with your service I can certainly book this in for you 🙂

I will pop you a private message and we can go from there 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos