Menu
Mark_Woodward7
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone upgrade and help pages

I ideally want to add incoming call blocking to our VM land line as we're now getting about 10 each day. I tried to contact VM to get this package added but gave up after listening to awful music on hold for 45 minutes. I looked on the VM website to see what I could do online. It's possible to add call packages etc. but although the package I want is listed it's not possible to upgrade by 'box-ticking'. I then looked at the 'help' pages and saw the page below. The instruction:

"To subscribe to either Caller Display or Anonymous Caller Rejection, just give our team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111* from any other phone, and select option 4." is nonsense - there is no option 4! 

It strikes me that nobody seems to test a lot of features shown on the website!

Can anybody advise?

Anonymous Caller Rejection

Our Anonymous Caller Rejection (ACR) service helps to reduce incoming calls from withheld numbers.

This means you have the advantage of being able to get some information about the organisation that called you via their presented number (either displayed on a caller display unit or by dialling 1471 and listening to the announcement).

Just bear in mind that if the calling number isn’t hidden or isn’t available ACR won’t stop the call coming through.

To subscribe to either Caller Display or Anonymous Caller Rejection, just give our team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111* from any other phone, and select option 4.

For details of the current cost of Caller Display and Anonymous Caller Rejection, please see www.virginmedia.com/callcosts

Texts to landline

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone upgrade and help pages

Hi Mark_Woodward7,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have been getting nuisance calls. here are some ways at safeguarding against nuisance calls https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-nuisance-call.

To add or remove additional services will require speaking with the care team. You can speak to a member of the team through any of these methods: by phone 0345 454 1111, SMS 07533051809, or chat https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/accounts-and-billing

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Mark_Woodward7
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Corey, I would gladly speak to a Virgin Media agent if I could avoid holding on listening to dreadful scratchy music-on-hold for nearly an hour - I have better things to do! Surely it's not beyond VM's capabilities to call me as and when an agent becomes available (if ever!) - other organisations now do this ... .

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, Mark_Woodward7,

Regrettably we aren't able to process upgrades/downgrades, sales or payment transactions via the forums. I can appreciate you frustrations with the wait times, however these are the options we have available. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos