cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switchover to 21CV

endure
On our wavelength

I've just had an email (not had a letter) telling me my phone will be switched to 21CV at the end of March and I need a technician visit as I have an old (V2 I think) router,

1. Can someone arrange for a letter to be sent to me please?

2. I use the Virgin router simply as a modem and have my own router equipment. Will this still be possible with the new router that Virgin will be fitting?

46 REPLIES 46

Thanks Wulliekane,

It might be best to pop back on here as soon as you know what date suits.

That way we can reschedule it. You can also reschedule it online here.

We know how busy things get during the working week.

Gareth_L

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I totally forgot about this until I got a follow up email

The email states that I can do a self install of my new hub and it will be sent out to me, which i'm more than happy to do.

Is that the case, or do I have to book a technician to visit?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Wulliekane,

Thanks for coming back to us. If you have a SuperHub2AC, we would need to arrange for a technician to replace your Hub with a 21CV compatible one. 

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and send you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Wulliekane,

Thank you for your Private Message. I'm glad that the technician contacted you ahead of your appointment and was able to assist with your issue ahead of time.

Happy to hear that your issue is now resolved! If you need any further help or assistance, please let us know. We're here to help. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

endure
On our wavelength

Me again.

I called today to try and arrange for an engineer to come and fit the new 21CV router I need.

I was told that because I'd arranged a new contract (I've slightly altered my plan so I avoid the upcoming price rise) that Virgin wouldn't be able to fit a new router until after the new plan comes into effect on the 27th March?

Is that right? The new router is a technical upgrade and has nothing to do with the new contract I've arranged. It's just replacing a box that won't work with 21CV for one that will.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @endure,

Thank you for popping back, I am sorry for the confusion on this. I can take a look at the work order to see if the hub is included in this so you are able to use your landline, I will pop you over a PM to get some personal details. Keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,

Zoie

endure
On our wavelength

Done

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @endure,

let us know how your visit goes and you can view/change/cancel your appointment 📅 here.

Zoie

endure
On our wavelength
Thanks Zoie. Really helpful.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad I could help 😊

If you have any more questions or queries please pop back anytime and we will be here to help.

Zoie