cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switch

jonesjh
Tuning in

We are due to switch to fibre phone in a couple of weeks. We really need our 3 phones where they are currently located. Do we have to get new cables put in by Virgin engineers or is the solution fairly simple (maybe go cordless?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The most simple solution with least disruption (but at a cost to you) is to use cordless phones. Plug the cordless base station into the VM hub and use cordless satellite handsets around the home as required.

Alternatively, VM should offer to make modifications to your phone wiring (free of charge as part of the switchover) so that you can continue to use your telephone sockets and keep existing equipment in its current location.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jonesjh, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

All the phones would have to be plugged into the back of the router, if you needed to we can get a tech around to make any reasonable adjustments for you.

Please let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The most simple solution with least disruption (but at a cost to you) is to use cordless phones. Plug the cordless base station into the VM hub and use cordless satellite handsets around the home as required.

Alternatively, VM should offer to make modifications to your phone wiring (free of charge as part of the switchover) so that you can continue to use your telephone sockets and keep existing equipment in its current location.

Thanks Matthew, it would be useful to have a tech take a look. If it's relatively straightforward I'd like to retain our current phones. Please let me know.

Hi @jonesjh 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I'll send you a PM now to arrange the visit 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill