Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switch-over?

ATAY
Joining in

Hi,

Please can someone advise?

Is there a way to check VM landline switch over dates? My landline has stopped working, but I cannot recall/ find any correspondence giving a switch over date. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

No email needed to log into the VM hub.

On a device which is connected to the hub, use a web browser and enter the address 192.168.0.1 into the address bar (where you would normally type a website name)

You will see a web interface page for the hub appear asking for a password

On the bottom of the hub you will find a sticker which tells you the SETTINGS password (not the wi-fi password)

use that to access the admin pages of the VM hub.

The first page you see will be the 'Welcome' page. if you scroll to the bottom of that your should see some info about telephony

If your hub's phone connection is working it will say ready or enabled.

If not it will show disabled or error

An old Youtube video is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlagDyTTRTc

think it still a similar process

If you are not able to do this, one of the VM forum team should be able to check for you via a private message

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you log into the hub, do you see that telephony is ready/enabled on the 'Welcome' page when you log in?

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ATAY 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear your landline has stopped working 😔

Do you currently have no dial tone at all? Advice on how to fix some of the most common landline issues can be found here

If you could also answer the question posed by @goslow, that'd be much appreciated.

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience and we'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Hello goslow,

Thank you for your reply.

For some reason I can’t seem to be able to log into the hub. I know the email is correct, so I’ve tried to reset my password. I now have a message saying that I can’t reset my password as I don’t have sufficient details set up on my account.

I seem to be going round in circles!

goslow
Alessandro Volta

No email needed to log into the VM hub.

On a device which is connected to the hub, use a web browser and enter the address 192.168.0.1 into the address bar (where you would normally type a website name)

You will see a web interface page for the hub appear asking for a password

On the bottom of the hub you will find a sticker which tells you the SETTINGS password (not the wi-fi password)

use that to access the admin pages of the VM hub.

The first page you see will be the 'Welcome' page. if you scroll to the bottom of that your should see some info about telephony

If your hub's phone connection is working it will say ready or enabled.

If not it will show disabled or error

An old Youtube video is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlagDyTTRTc

think it still a similar process

If you are not able to do this, one of the VM forum team should be able to check for you via a private message

Thank you very much goslow,

I think I understand now. I’ll give it go and see what I can do.

Thanks again

All sorted! Thank you.

Managed to log into the VM hub following goslow instructions, and checked that telephony was enabled.

Lead was promptly provided by VM. Now plugged in and phone is operational.

Just a shame that the phone is now in a room that isn’t used much in order for it to be plugged into the hub. Not ideal, but at least it’s working.

Thank you.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ATAY 👋

Thanks for providing an update on this. It's great to hear that you've now been able to get the Landline up and running as intended!

Just for clarity, you've mentioned about the phone being in a room that isn't used much. Do you have any extension (or even the original master) socket in your property, near where you were looking to keep your phone?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

ATAY
Joining in

Hi Reece,

Thank you.

I have found a spare Panasonic hand set that we used until the accessory battery charger failed. The handset is recharging on the ‘master’ cradle, until a replacement arrives from eBay. I’m hoping that that will work.