cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone switch over - Engineer

RobertsE
Tuning in

I've received a letter saying I need an Engineer to come to switch the phone over, but the date I have been given for this is about 6 weeks after the date the letter says the phone needs to be completed by, surely this can't be right?

10 REPLIES 10

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RobertsE thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

I've had a look at things for you, and it does appear that the technician date has been put in before the switchover date for you.

Do you have a photo of part of the letter (please do not post with address, account number etc visible) which mentions part of the switchover date you believe to be 6 weeks early?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

Sorry I mis-read the letter the cut off is 12th April, I thought it was the 25th Feb as it said after that I wouldn't be able to make outgoing calls, could you confirm that I still will be able to use the phone as normal as I have the engineer booked?

my appointment is still very close to the switch over, I don't suppose I could get anything earlier?

Hi @RobertsE thanks for your reply.

Ah yes, a couple of customers have thought the same so I do apologise for any confusion caused here. You will be able to use the phone as normal until the switchover is complete! It only blocks calls from that given date, if you've not booked an engineer slot in (as an invite to call us).

It's not possible to get anything earlier to the switchover I'm afraid, all customers are given select slots and generally these are all quite close to the date. The earlier ones are reserved for the customer who are switching over earlier.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Great, thanks for confirming and for your help.

You're very welcome!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Regarding the letter that some customers have received about the switchover.

Does it mean that once the first date in the letter is upon us those customers can no longer make outgoing calls. And that they can only receive incoming calls.

Hi @mac51 thanks for your reply.

To be clear, this part-block is only in place for customers who haven't got an appointment in place.

If there is an appointment booked in (even if after the part-block date mentioned), this will override things and mean you have a working phone, until your switchover date.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Deleted

Ok just to double-check so you're saying as long as an appointment is in place we definitely won't lose the ability to make outgoing calls once the first date mentioned on the letter is here.