Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Phone port disabled on Hub 3

I have just installed a replacement HUB 3. However, the phone port is showing disabled when I log onto the HUB 3 and I have no dial tone. It was working OK on the origial HUB 3. 

I have tried a factory reset without success

Does anybody know how I can enable the port?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone port disabled on Hub 3

Hello

When a new hub is installed it can take 24hrs for the phone to be re-activated on the new hub.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thank you for that information. That was really helpful

Regards

Pete
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pete, 

Thanks for posting.

Apologies for the delay in getting your new hub set up.

As DJ_Shadow1966 has advised, it can take up to 24 hours for the phone to be activated, however in some cases, we're seeing it can take up to 48 hours. 

Please get back to me if you're still having issues after this time and I'll be able to help you. 

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa
it would be useful if Virgin Media told their customers that this would be the case in respect to the phone when replacing a Hub 3. I want to talk to Virgin media ASAP as i hve been paying for 350Mb download speed and i am only getting about 50Mb on average. After speaking to Virgin media bout this they sent me a Wifi booster kit which failed after a few hours of operation. one of the units doesnt power on any more ! I spoke with them again and they sent me a new router which has not resolved the problem ! i cannot que for hours to speak to virgin media again becsuse my phone does work ! I am paying £134 per month for this poor service ! my TV is also not working properly the signal is distorted, so on the whole I am about to cancel my service with Virgin media. The customer service is the worst I have experienced. I would also like to disguss the fact that new customers get the same package for £89 per month for 18 months. Why doesnt Virgin media look after their loyal customers ? So if you can help out i would appreciate it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I'm sorry that you weren't informed of the activation process and you're not getting the speeds you'd expect. 

I've had a look at your services and I'm not able to see anything that would be causing these slow speeds. The only thing I can see is that some of your WiFi devices are very close to the Hub and could be wasting valuable WiFi bandwidth. Connecting them via Ethernet could improve things for other WiFi devices.

Can you please post the results of a wired speed test so I can see what you're getting?

Our new customer deals are for new customers only, and you would have received one when you first joined us. You could speak to our team to do a package review to make sure you're on the best deal, but we wouldn't be able to help with that via the forums. 

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Malissa

I cannot talk to Virgin media as I do not have a working Virgin phone yet !! I called yesterday after queuing for well over an hour using my Virgin mobile phone only to have my call dropped by one of your agents. for over I have done another speed check with both PCs connected to the Hub 3 using Cat6 ethernet cables and I am only getting 50Mb download speed as i have been doing so for the past month. Can you organise a replacement WiFi booster kit to be sent because the kit that was sent to me two weeks ago one of the units failed after a few hours. It does not power on at all. It is completely dead!
I think Virgin should state in the booklet that is sent out with a replacement Hub 3 that you will loose the phone for up to 48 hours after installation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, pcg255,

I'll send you a PM to get your account information.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What's a PM ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

A PM is a private message, If you click on the purple envelope in the upper right corner. You can see private messages than you can reply to. 

0 Kudos