Menu
CLK142
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone number

Hi when I swapped to virgin I asked to keep my landline number it was installed today and the engineer has told me I’ve a different number I’ve tried ringing to sort this out but no one is answering can anyone help me please thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone number

Hello

For a port to go through both lines have to be active and on the VM you will get a temporary number until the port completes which can take 10 days from the day you VM line is active.

If there is any work orders on your old line i.e. to cancel the line, then according to the rules defined by Ofcom then the line port will be refused by your old supplier.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
CLK142
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’ve lost my phone number now thanks to virgin not fulfilling what I had agreed when I swapped to them from sky, not a brilliant start, I’m more than disappointed, thanks for everyone for replying 

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi CLK142,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you've not had your number transferred over to us.

Why have you now lost the number? Has it been cancelled with your old provider?

Please tell us a little more information and we'll see what we can do to help.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
CLK142
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When I placed the order over the phone I asked that I keep my landline number as I’ve had it for 22 years and didn’t want to change it the salesperson said that would be ok as they would make sure I kept it, when the engineer came to install the equipment he said I had a new landline number told him I’d asked to keep mine, I tried to ring your sales team I eventually got through and spoke to someone after being on hold forever but by the time they looked into it my previous provided had cancelled my phone, the day after installation of virgin apparently you should have put a request in to get my number ported over but this was never done even though the installation was planned around this being done, I’m very dissatisfied that I’ve lost my original number, I’m a foster carer and this number was very important for my work and for people to contact me on ex children, professionals etc

0 Kudos
Melissa_F
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry, once the number has been cancelled with the previous provider we would be unable to transfer it over any more.

We would always advise that you keep your line open with your old provider until we have confirmed the transfer with you.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
CLK142
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The thing is that the person who gave me the installation date said to cancel With my provided the day after, so I think extra training needs to be done with the sales team as they are not advising new customers correctly, they didn’t ask my provider for my number upfront, it’s only when I queried why I had a different number with the installation guy, obviously too late by then, I’m gutted about loosing my number, it’s just not good enough 

0 Kudos