Menu
cemh1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone number to cancel account

I was about to cancel my virgin package due to the price increase and unfortunately my home phone is not working (service issue). It is costing me a fortune to hold on my mobile phone and no sign of any answer. Can anyone advise please. I am about to have a nervous breakdown. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone number to cancel account

Thanks for your post camh1 and I'm terribly sorry for the distress that has been caused when attempted to contact our team.

Are you able to advise me if you've been able to get in touch with our team since your post, or are you still seeking further assistance?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
cemh1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I managed to book an engineer online. Unfortunately this was after I went to the expense of purchasing a new phone to see if that would solve the problem. The engineer was fine but the customer service when I finally got through on the new phone was absolutely rubbish. I am a customer of 30 years and very disappointed in Virgin. There is absolutely no reward for loyal customers. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi cemh1,

Thanks for the update, although I am disappointed and sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience when you called us.

What was the outcome of the call and is there anything we can help you with from here?

Beth

0 Kudos
cemh1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The outcome was I ended up speaking to a very rude customer service assistant and as soon as I can cancel in October I'm out. 30 years of customer loyalty doesn't seem to matter nowadays. Thanks for the response, it's so late though I've almost forgotten the question .......................

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can only apologise for the bad experience you had when calling us cemh1, I will be sure to send feedback to the agent's line manager. Again if there's anything we can do to help from here we'd love to know.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
cemh1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you get me out of my contract any earlier please?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, if you have requested a disconnection of your services we wouldn't be able to shorten your disconnection notice as the minimum notice period is 30 days. However if you do wish to discuss your disconnection with us or if you have anymore questions regarding that, feel free to text our retention's team on 0753 305 1809.

Beth

0 Kudos