cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

TW67
Joining in

We have two telephone lines, both of which were switched over a few months ago.  As we didn’t use one of the lines and no one calls on it, I haven’t bothered to plug it into the hub.

Last Sunday (12/11) I noticed the telephone symbol on the hub was flashing red and then realised the phone was not working.  The broadband and the TV were and are still working perfectly.

I checked the service status, checked the cables, re-booted the hub, but it kept flashing red.  I tried to get some help with Live Chat, which was then transferred to What’s App and eventually it was transferred to a live agent on What’s App who did a few tests and got me to check the cables and re-boot the hub but none of that worked.  So, a new hub was ordered.

The new hub arrived last Tuesday and I connected it all up, but the telephone symbol was flashing red on the replacement hub as well.  So, this time I called and some more tests were done.  Nothing showed up and I was put through to the second line team.  Again, more tests, another re-boot of the hub and then a re-set of the hub.  The handler even called the number and said it was ringing his end, but it didn’t ring my end.  Then he said that the phone wasn’t compatible and to try another handset and if that didn’t work to call back.

I did that and it didn’t work, so I called back.  The same checks and tests were done, but none of that worked.  The handler then said about the bill being so high and he would see if he could get it down.  I’ve been meaning to get rid of the Kids Pick anyway, so I said OK but leave the Sports alone.  He came up with a price and confirmed it would just be the Kids Pick that would be taken off, but I would have to have an O2 sim card at £5 per month, which I didn’t have to use if I didn’t want to.  So, I said OK, but he wasn’t able to put the new package through and said he would call me back the next day to complete it.  He also couldn’t get me through to the second line team to try and sort out the telephone, so said he would also do that the next day.

As promised, I was called on Wednesday morning.  The new package was completed and then I was put through to the second line team again.  The handler confirmed that there are two valid telephone lines and did all the same checks again.  This time I was told a ticket would be raised and another team would resolve it remotely in 24 – 48 hours.  I have not heard anything since. 

The other thing is that TNT Sports and most of the HD channels are no longer available after the new package was put through.  I’m not so bothered about some of the HD channels being gone, but I specifically said to leave the sports alone.

We have been customers of Virgin Media and the various past names ever since cable came to the area and we’ve never had an issue like this before.  I spent most of last Tuesday afternoon on the phone getting nowhere and ended up losing channels I watch and a sim card I didn’t really want.

The telephone light on the hub is still flashing red and the telephone still doesn’t work after 10 days. 

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TW67 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

There are a few issues you've highlighted here and I'd like to try and resolve them all, so please allow me to send you a PM so I can do this - kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

TW67
Joining in

The issue with the phone line has still not been resolved and I haven't had any up-dates.  It's now been over three weeks since I first reported it.  This is very, very poor service from WM.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TW67 👋

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm very sorry to hear things are still not resolved. I can see you've been in a private message with one of my colleagues regarding this. So we can continue assisting, please send them a private message, where they'll be able to look into this, and advise.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ