Menu
lmhoops56
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone not working.

Bought a new phone still not working. No answer from help line.  I need this phone as it is the only way an elderly relative can contact me.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not working.

Hi Imhoops,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that your phone isn't working.

Could you give me a little bit more information about the problems that you've been having? What kind of phone do you have? What are the issues with the phone? Are you able to get the phone to switch on? Please provide as much information as you can so that I can best advise with this.

Cheers,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lmhoops56
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have two phones that I have tried.  One is BT, the other Panasonic. Both switch on and the batteries are fully charged.  The Panasonic advises to check the phone line.  Ive used the Virgin Media site to run tests and they say there is no problem.  Well, clearly, there is.  I can not make or receive phone calls and there is no dialling tone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lynne

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Imhoops56,

Thank you for expanding further. So, to clarify, this is relating to a Virgin Media landline service and not a Virgin Mobile service?

If this is a landline service, are you connecting it into a phone socket in the wall or into the back of a router? You can also check for any known area impacting faults via our Service Status page.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lmhoops56
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its a land line connected to the back of the router.  A Virginmedia technician changed the connection from the one in the wall socket as that stopped working.  He connected it to the router which worked for a few days the stopped.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Imhoops56,

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you, please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos