cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working on new fibre hub 3

andymunn
Joining in

My copper phone line went dead and I couldn't make call accept for 150. So spoke to someone after ages spent navigating thru endless options and waiting for ages, only to be told that my line had been disabled for switchover to fibre. Was told that my copper line would be reenabled temporarily and when I had received my new hub and had it working I should just call back and and they would enable the phone over fibre and I would just be able to plug my phone in and it would be ok.

Got the new hub plugged it all in, got it working and called back for them to enable my hub for phone calls, now being told I need a visit from a technician, why?

Why can't the telephony on the hub be enable remotely or why can't it be enable in the GUI of the hub?

Why does virgin send leaflets with the hub implying that you just plug it in and off you go when this is quite obviously not the case?

9 REPLIES 9

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @andymunn 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry for the confusion for this. Most are being done remotely but there are a few that need a tech visit.

I'll send you a PM now to book this in.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

andymunn
Joining in

Why can't I just enable it from inside the hub? I can't take time off work for a technician to wait for a technician to come round to do what I am capable of doing.

Hi @andymunn 

Some do need a tech visit so if we've advised this for you, this would be the case.

Please do respond to my PM so we can get this sorted. Quicker we do, quicker you'll have this resolved which we both want 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

andymunn
Joining in

i have

Hello ive replied..........

Good Afternoon @andymunn, I understand my colleague is currently having a few technical issues, meaning that I'll need to pick this up for you today.

Apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll take a look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @andymunn, I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you. 

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I had to cancel that technician appointment and reschedule for Sat 1st, as I was not asked if that date would have been OK and It wouldn't as I had to work. My phone was working over the old copper connection but since the first appointment was scheduled that line has been disconnected. Since then I have had no phone connection yet I am still being charged for it. This happened the previous week as I was not notified my phone would be disconnected and only found out when I attempted to make a call. I called 150 and had it reconnected.

I should have a refund on my bill for the days I have had no phone connection.

Hi @andymunn 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you had issues with your landline as part of the switchover process. Customers who are part of the switchover into the new 21 Century Voice would of been notified via post, with  a request to notify us of any extra requirements needed by a specific date. If we had not heard from you during that period we will apply a restriction to prompt you to call us as well as booking the nearest available appoint just to ensure that we can get you switched over seamlessly. I understand that it can be frustrating as you was not aware due to not recieving the communication from us. During the period of being restricted you will not be charged for the service. 

We do apologies for the inconvenience in this matter. 

Sabrina