cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working after Hub5 installation

Clockwatcher
Tuning in

I’ve seen similar posts re this issue from December last year but was unsure if the general problem had been resolved fully by VM given a couple of months have passed since then.

I was invited last week to opt in on a Hub5 which arrived today. Installation was fairly straightforward and broadband and TV set up without issue.  However, I then discovered the home phone wasn’t working. I originally had the Hub3 and my phone was connected directly to that.

I have tried a reboot and cable reconnection but no joy. Is there an easy fix known for this or do I need to get on to VM to sort?

26 REPLIES 26

Taraknath3
Tuning in

I am also having the same problem after moving from Hub 3 to Hub 5, I tried to get help over Twitter but that only seems to work if you’re abusive to the staff?

Can somebody on here help? And when hub 5 does support phones will we be contacted?

Hi @Taraknath3,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're the same team that offer assistance on both Twitter and Facebook. I'm afraid that currently our Hub 5 is not compatible with providing a landline service through the router, though we are looking to change that in a future update. Unfortunately I don't have a definitive date on when that'll be right now.

Please let me know if this is going to cause a notable problem for you for now and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

Thanks for getting back to me, the main issue is I’m now paying for something I can’t use for the foreseeable future. I do still have my hub 3 ready to return, can that be reactivated?

they should activate the hub3 - it can be difficult - not the actual activation just getting them to do it - some agents have come up with all manor of excuses why it cannot be done - non are true they just seem as they either do not know how to do it or its too much trouble

so try this - hopefully you will get to a UK agent

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Big thanks to Paul for sorting mine out this morning re activating my hub 3 after 5 failed to work for telephone. Hopefully a future update will fix the hub 5.

Thank you Tony for your help with this, 20 minutes on the phone and I now have phone and internet again!!

Hi @Taraknath3,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that a member of the team was able to help you out in changing your router.

Please let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!