Menu
l1zs1mmons
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Phone not ringing

Our phones have stopped ringing. They have dial tone and it's possible to dial out and to answer a call if you know it's there. We don't have silencing buttons on our phones, or any of the other things under the help topics. They were working fine for years, up until Christmas Day. Our service is showing as normal but the online equipment check times out, so I don't know if there is an issue on the line. Nobody is answering calls on the customer service line and I can't find online chat.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not ringing

Hello l1zs1mmons

Sorry to hear this

I am happy to check the line for you 

Silly question but we need to ask. Have you tried an alternative phone on the socket 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
l1zs1mmons
Tuning in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, we have tried different phones. We have an analogue landline phone and a DECT system and neither rings when the other is disconnected. We have also tried the phones on different sockets as well as the one that is connected directly to the Virgin cable.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying l1zs1mmons

So I can check the line

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for passing security l1zs1mmons

I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
l1zs1mmons
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Gareth. We will let you know the outcome.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

If you could l1zs1mmons, 

That would be very much appreciated

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
l1zs1mmons
Tuning in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Following our previous discussion we received a text to say an engineer was booked for 4th January. A second text said the service visit was on hold while they investigated a network problem. After my husband phoned to find out what was happening  a third text said the engineer would visit 7th January between 12 - 4pm.  We have waited in all afternoon for the engineer.  It is now 17.40 and no engineer has arrived, nor have we heard anything.  My husband is trying to get through to Virgin on the phone but is on hold, probably for an hour.  Meanwhile our landline is still not working, causing great inconvenience.

Elizabeth

0 Kudos
l1zs1mmons
Tuning in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

So here we are, at 19.44, and my husband has just come off the phone to Virgin.  After one hour waiting to speak to Customer Services he was told that the engineer had been and the fault was repaired but he hadn't needed to come to the house.  She then rang our number to check whether it was working (it wasn't) and then rang his mobile to put him through to the technical support section - another hour (I kid you not) on hold.   When he finally got an answer from that department, they claimed there was no record of any engineer visits, booked or otherwise, despite my husband having two texts about the engineer visits. 

Today's tally of time wasting - waiting in from 12.00-16.00 for the engineer. One hour on hold from 17.15 to 18.15 plus talk time when connected.  One hour on hold from 18.30 to 19.30 plus talk time when connected.  And the Virgin agent said that she was unable to accept a formal complaint, that would need to be done online.

Not happy customers!

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this issues with the engineer visit. 

I have taken a look into this on our end and can see that you have have another engineer visit booked? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos