Menu
Alan1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone not ringing

My mum is Virgin for tv and home phone. She doesn’t do internet . Just in the last few days when I call her landline, the phone doesn’t ring, but lights up so she knows I’m calling and answers it. After doing some checks I guessed maybe the phones were gubbed so just bought new BT phones, but the same thing is happening. Could that be a problem with the phone line rather than the phone itself? She can make calls and receive them, if she spots the phone light up. Checked phone manual in case she had changed something but volume is at full and, as I said, new phone does the same thing. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not ringing

Hi Alan1968

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the delayed reply and the phone line issues. Hopefully everything is sorted, however please let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Alan1968
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not ringing

Engineer sorted the problem which was apparently in the Virgin Media box at the end of her street and hadn’t affected anyone else. 

0 Kudos