Menu
RHussain786
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone line

My phone line port is not working, I can get the phone to work if I plug it into the router but the router is upstairs so I can’t keep this permanent. Is there any way of getting this fixed, I know the wiring in the house is very old, been well over 10 years now. I can never get through the VM customer service so hope to get some help here . 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line

Hello

Is this a new install of Virginmedia.

When you were installed the Virginmedia engineer would have fitted if asked for one extension from the hub, to allow you to tie into your phone cabling.

If you are plugging into the router then you are on the new 21CV system and that will mean that the normal phone sockets will not work, you will need to get a link from the hub to the nearest extension socket that you should have. All telephone companies are switching from the old copper cable to a fully digital system by the end of 2025 even BT who will be removing a lot of exchanges.

Once you are on the 21CV system you cannot go back.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line

Hi RHussain786

Thanks for reaching out.  I am sorry for any confusion around your landline connection.  The fantastic @DJ_Shadow1966 is correct in the advice given.  How would you like to proceed?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos