Menu
Yemala
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line suddenly not working

Hi,

Our home phone (landline) worked fine, but at some point between April 26 and May 1 stopped working completely.

The phone are plugged into the wall socket (not the router), and display a 'check phone line' message. There is no dial tone.

Trying to ring our home phone number from a mobile results in an instant disconnection - no ringing at all. The same occurs with home phones not plugged in.

According to the service status page, there is no fault in our area, and the automatic check on our phone number claims there is no problem.

Are there any troubleshooting steps I should try?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line suddenly not working

Hello @Yemala,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your landline.

I am unable to find your account using your forums details, can you please tell me if you have tried checking the batteries? I know this seems silly but we do have to check this.

Please let me know.

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Yemala
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Hayley_S

All the batteries have been checked. I can hear line noise (clicks/pops or faint static, no trace of a dial tone) while plugging and unplugging the phone cradle from the socket. All handsets died simultaneously, and worked perfectly before. All show 'fully charged' and 'check phone line.'

If there was something wrong with the handset and I dialled my landline number, wouldn't I get an 'engaged' tone, or have the number ring forever, rather than being instantly disconnected?

edit: if it would be helpful, I can provide account details here or in a private message.

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming this for me @Yemala.

I will send you a private message now so we can look into this 🙂

Look forward to speaking with you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos