Menu
Nickbee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone line payment not cancelled

I’ve cancelled all contracts with Virgin back in 2018 and have receipt and just found out that I’m in arrears on the phone line rental. I’m going through a house purchase and was declined credit. I was amazed and after some digging found that Virgin were still trying to take payments. Not sure what to do?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line payment not cancelled

Hi there @Nickbee

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your first post; I was sorry to hear that there has been an issue with your account disconnection from back in 2018. 

Usually when you leave, all services are disconnected at the same time unless you choose to take your number with you to another provided; in this situation, the number will remain active until it is taken by the new provider. If this number is not taken by the provider for any reason, the telephone line would remain active unless we are contacted by the account holder to go ahead with the disconnection. The line will continue to be billed as normal each month.

From locating you account I can see that you have since contacted us and things look to have been sorted out? Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you still need any assistance. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nickbee
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes I understand, but all contracts were cancelled Sept 2018 (I have a copy of this) Virgin for some reason then started crediting the account each month until April this year = £166,50p “thank you!!” then removed it all without notice and started charging for a phone line. I might add without a direct debt in place. I'm in the process of buying a house and due to this discrepancy my credit score dropped by 130 and my mortgage was declined. What can be done to get my near perfect credit rating restored ASAP?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Nickbee

Did you take your number with you to another provider or was this a consideration at the time of disconnecting? Sounds like the account was cancelled but the landline was kept active. If this was the case, the bill would  have still been sent each month via the method you previously had in place. 

However, if you were charged incorrectly due to an error with your disconnection and this then caused erroneous charges and late fees; these can be removed from your credit file. 

I can see from your account that you have spoken with us this morning - I do hope that this was all cleared up with you on the call and things are now settled and sorted out to your satisfaction? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nickbee
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it’s my credit score that’s the problem. Do you inform the credit agencies if a mistake has occurred and request the adverse effect taken off the credit records?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickbee,

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I'll PM you now to discuss further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos