Menu
Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working

Hi there, 

My home phone line has been down since Monday afternoon 22.6.20. No dialling tone and have unplugged  the phone from the VM phone socket and reconnected again. 

Still no luck and according the the online fault checker on VM there are no faults in my area.

I've read previous comments where users have had similar issues and I can't plug the phone directly into the hub as I don't have the adaptor lead.

When I ring by home telephone number from by mobile it says the number doesn't exist.

I spoke to VM yesterday from my mobile and there are no reported faults in my area and all my services are active eg,. Broadband/TV/Phone.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not working

I didn't mention that I've managed to book an engineer for tomorrow evening 25.6.20 after spending 2 hours yesterday talking to 3 different technical service agents.  

0 Kudos
Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well, what can I say.

The technician was here for 1 hour and left and I had a dialling tone. 10 minutes later my phone I check and the phone has no dialling tone and it looks like I have to go through arranging another technician visit.  

Very frustrated.

0 Kudos
Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please could a VM person PM me to arrange an engineer to come out to fix my home phone. Currently there is no dialling tone and I have unplugged the phone from the wall socket and re-plugged it back into the wall socket. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Fatboyslim888

Thanks so much for your posts and your most recent update, I am sorry to understand that you are having issues with your landline again so soon after a technician visit. 

I have been able to locate your account from your Forum information and have run a few checks on your line from here; there are no area issues listed whatsoever and your line status is showing to be active and online with no errors showing. 

When we test dial your number, it does ring. 

I see you last posted a few days ago - are you still having the same issue since your post? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fatboyslim888
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to arrange for a second  engineer to visit yesterday afternoon (Monday) 29.6.20 where he fixed my home telephone line which had been not working since the previous Monday. 

I presume when you checked earlier you couldn't find a fault as it had been resolved already. Previously there had been no dialling tone and therefore could not receive or make calls on my land line. 

Thank you for your help and apologies that I didn't update the post to reflect this.

0 Kudos