Menu
Wojtek_Wardenga
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working

Hi,

My phone is dead, there's no dial tone when connected to telephone socket and the display says "Check the line". I've checked the phone itself elsewhere to rule out faulty device.

I've recently upgraded to Hub 3.0 so I followed the instructions and tried to connect the phone to the Hub, but no no avail. I've read a various VM Community posts regarding Telephony and find out  that it's 'disabled'. Please help.

Many thanks,

Wojciech

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not working

Hello

If you only had a hub upgrade then the hub isn't used for the phone line, as normally at this time only new contracts have that port enabled, do you have a normal virginmedia phone socket as well and tried that ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Wojtek_Wardenga
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes, I wrote it already: there's no dial tone when connected to the phone socket.

Thanks,

Wojciech

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Wojtek_Wardenga,

Sorry to hear that you are having some problems with your landline service. I can confirm that you are not set up for DOCSIS technology and so you will need to be plugged into your master socket in order to receive a connection.

From looking at the back end of your services, I can't find any reason as to what may be causing this. 

Do you have a spare landline handset that you could try in the socket? (a corded phone if possible)

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Wojtek_Wardenga
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth, 

Thanks for the reply. I've tested the socket with old fashioned corded phone as well.

Wojciech

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Wojciech,

Thank you for checking the spare phone.

I have arranged for an engineer to come out to you to fix the issue. You can find your appointment time slot via your online account here. I booked in the earliest available slot, however this can be rearranged from your online if needed.

Let us know how things go from there and if you need anything else 🙂

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos