Menu
lisah3462
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working

Hi there. Our phone line is dead and we have tried another plug in phone and the problem is definitely the line. Please can you advise. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not working

Hi lisah3462

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the phone line issues. I have checked the systems and no issues are showing. Is the phoneline plugged into the hub as it's showing me it's 21CV set up. Can you reboot the hub for me as well as it's been up for 7 weeks.

Let me know if the reboot fixes things,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
lisah3462
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John. Thank you for the prompt reply. The phone line is not plugged into the hub. It is plugged into the original BT socket from when we moved in here 4 years ago and we’ve never had an issue. I have just rebooted the hub but am still getting a line error code on the phone. The handset connection is not compatible with the ports on the back of the hub so unable to try that. Many thanks. Lisa. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming this, we would never run our services through a BT phone line as we are not liable for this equipment we would always have this connected through the same wiring as the broadband services.

Could you please plug the phone handset into the Hub and let us know if your handset shows the error?

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
lisah3462
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily 

the handset connection does not fit into the hub. When the engineer came and set us up he said there was no need to change from the socket we were using ? 
many thanks 

Lisa 

0 Kudos
lisah3462
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no landline 👎🏻

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear it's still ongoing lisah3462. I've had a look at your details and can see that you're still on our old platform where you would plug your phone into the wall socket and not your Hub.

Do you have a different phone to try and if you've another phone wall socket in a different room, are you able to see if they work also? Also when you say it's dead, can you confirm that there are no dial tone or crackles for exampl?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to get a clearer picture.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
lisah3462
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa 

Thank you for coming back to me and for confirming the phone type is into the wall. I have tried another phone but there is no dial tone or crackling. We only have one phone point to try.  
many thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming for me lisah3462. I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can check the switch and make sure it's okay and get a tech sent out if necessary. Please reply to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me in a Private Message lisah3462.

Please monitor your line after the tech visit and let us know if you have anymore issues with it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos