Menu
_Ewan_
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working

Our phone line is not working, we can't make outgoing call or receive any and there is no dial tone. I have tried changing the handset for a brand new one but to no avail.

Tried running the test of the network status page which reports back 'the test results were inconclusive' each time. There are no reports of outage in my area; also can't get through to a human at the call centre so we at our wits end.

0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not working

If you have still been unable to get through on the phones or Live Chat on the Web site then you can send texts to this number 07533 051809 with details of the issue. Might take a while for a response but might be quicker than the other options.

Have you tried a different telephone in the socket?
If you are able to unplug any phone extension wiring coming out of the main socket too and then try the master socket.
Also look for any obvious damage to the cabling outside and the wiring inside, including that on the phone.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
_Ewan_
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As mentioned, tried a different handset. Also no damage to wiring, plugged directly into main socket with no extension etc and have tried the master socket.

I'll text this number, will it be generic responses?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello _Ewan_

The Text message service will start with an automated message then it directs you to an agent 

However if you still need this looking at

Let me know 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos