Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working again.

My virgin phone line is not working again. Phoned 151 from my virgin mobile which after going through many options (terrible selection process) I was asked the check my phone. I replaced it with a hard wired handset and the line was still not working. I then called 150 and after waiting for about 15 minutes I got through to an operator named Jitender. I explained the issue to him and he checked the line and confirmed there is a fault on the line. He told me I could not get an engineer until 3 days from now. He told me that engineers may look at the cabinet between now and the engineer visiting and if the line comes back between now and the engineer visiting then I was to call or text to cancel the home visit. I asked if they could text me to let me know that an engineer had looked at the cabinet and he said that they could not. I asked to speak to his manager, he told me no managers were available. He then hung up on me. It would appear that there is a lack of management at Virgin. Come on Virgin why can't you send me the text or call?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line not working again.

Hi TommyGreig,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your phone, and for the experience you've had when calling.

I can see you've been able to contact us again since your post, and been able to arrange a technician.

Let us know if you do need anything else.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_Rm,

You are correct I did contact Virgin again. I phoned the customer service on 0800 052 1920 to complain about the virgin employee who handled my first call. I spoke with a lady who confirmed the technician was booked to look in to the virgin line not working. I logged the complaint about the first virgin employee. I was told that it would be dealt with internally at virgin. I hope it was.

I received a text the day before the technician was due at my house to let me know the fault had been repaired. I checked my land line and it was working. I then sent a text back to cancel the technician who was due to come to my house. The text read "Phone working now please cancel engineer's visit" I got a response stating virgin could not understand my text and asking me to call 0333 000 3101. I guess it was an automated response. Come on Virgin, what is going on? Does nobody read the texts or is it automated with weak software?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning. 

Sorry to hear that you have had some issues there. 

Are you able to confirm for me, have you managed to cancel the engineer appointment? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear Zak_M,

Please read the history of this discussion. You will see when I logged the complaint / start of this conversation and I stated that it would be 3 days later that the engineer was due. I did not manage to cancel the engineers visit. He did not arrive at the scheduled time I therefore assumed that somebody at Virgin knows what they are doing and cancelled the visit. Are you able to see in your system if the visit was cancelled. If the visit was not cancelled then where was the engineer? Is he missing? Is he okay? Come on Virgin get your act together. Please communicate with each other and improve your service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I misunderstood, apologies.

How are we able to assist you further? 

It sounds as though there was an area issues and this was then resolved. If that is the case the engineer would not have visited as this would automatically canceled.

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Zak_M

If the engineer was automatically cancelled then why was I asked to cancel the engineer? Come on Virgin you need to get your act together.

0 Kudos