Menu
Bigal57
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone line loud crackling

I self installed Hub 4 a few weeks ago and ever since my home phone has loud crackling and so the phone line is unusable.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line loud crackling

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you Bigal57,

Sorry to see you've been experiencing a crackling line on the Hub 4.0

Can you please confirm how you're plugged into the Hub 4.0?

Have you been able to try an alternative handset on the phone line to rule out the possibility of the handset being at fault?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Bigal57
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

My handset is plugged into the same master phone socket as it has been since it was installed 7 years ago and I have the same crackling on my other phone extension as well so I don’t believe there is an issue with my handset but rather it is somehow connected to the installation of my Hub 4 the other week as the crackling started at the same time.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Bigal57,

I'm not quite sure how the fault can be connected if the handset is not connected to the hub.

We're you advised of whether you would be able to use the landline services via the Hub 4, rather than the master socket?

Is it possible to remove the handset from the extension and test the line quality?

Or better still, use the handset on the extension in the master socket and see if the crackling noise continues with this being the only piece of equipment connected to the phone line?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Bigal57
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry David, maybe I’ve confused you, the crackling started when I installed the Hub 4 a few weeks ago but I didn’t change anything with the phone line, just a loud crackling started after the Hub was installed. Maybe a coincidence but seems unlikely, I haven’t connected the phone line to the Hub 4, in fact I didn’t touch the phone line at all.

is it possible to arrange for an engineer to check the phone line?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Bigal57, I understand the set up. 

Are you able to run the check on the phone line with the handsets for me?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Bigal57
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi David How do want me to check the line? I’ve connected/disconnected the handset but no luck, still the same crackling noise.

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigal57, 

Thank you for coming back to us and running the checks. 

As you are still experiencing the crackle on the line, we will need to run some further checks from our side and potentially arrange a visit to investigate. 

Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate your account via the community details so I will need to send you over a private message. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon 

Nat
0 Kudos