Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone line keeps going dead.

My home phone line has been going dead repeatedly.

I have made two appointments for engineers so far, the first time, they came to my house, checked my equipment and told me it was "something along the line", they then left and 15 minutes later the phone worked again.

Little over a day later, the phone line died again, so I booked another engineer, who didn't come to my house, but around the time they were supposed to be here, the phone started working again.

Another day passed and now my phone line is once again dead.

I have been trying to get in touch with a person on the 150 number, using a virgin mobile, but I am stuck with the bot, trying to get me to book yet another engineer.

I would like to talk to someone online about it, yet don't seem to be able to actually find the live chat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line keeps going dead.

i too am having this problem phoned 150 from my mobile and after a diffucult discussion finally was told there was a problem with the line , booked an engineer for today between 12 and 4 this afternoon alas no engineer😡😡😡
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DVM_I, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your landline, this ins't what we like to hear. 

Have you been able to speak to the team about this again since your post?

If not then no worries, just reply to the personal message I[m sending you and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Brommy, 

Really sorry you're having an issue with your landline and the engineer didn't arrive, this ins't good. 

Have you spoken to the team since you posted to find out what happened?

If not then don't worry, just reply to the message I'm sending you now and we'll see what's going on. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

my wife spoke to the virgin team this morning when she explained that the engineer hadn’t turned up as planned they hung ; have been with vm since the start but am now thinking of cancelling my package😡😡😡
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I posted on here one week ago, as my landline went dead. Was eventually in conversation by personal email with a VM rep. Told nothing wrong in my area or with my landline. So i tested with a neighbour's handset; still dead.

I was going to email the VM customer rep this evening to book an engineer  but miraculously the phone line is working again - checked it this afternoon.

Not convinced VM test phone lines properly from a remote test.

VM assured me last week nothing wrong in my area - so i thought it must be the handset. Nope, phone line working now. So, VM have you discovered a fault that has now been rectified, but dont want to let on? Suspicious.

0 Kudos