Menu
impdragon
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone line inoperative

Lost internet a week ago(approx).New router sent out. Internet (fibre broadband) works fine now but no telephone. No dial tone and relatives calling me cannot connect. Of course at this moment in time with the illness spreading and as I fall into the at risk group they worry. Tried joining virgin media but that has not been available to me for 9 months.

0 Kudos
Junaid_K
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line inoperative

Your phone line may connect into the back of the router. 

How long have you been a virgin media customer for?

We used to use the traditional phone line, where your phone would plug into a traditional phone socket. But since April last year any new customers joining Virgin Media would be transferred to our new Docsis service, where the phone line is plugged directly into the router/modem.

Are you able to confirm how you used to plug in your phone please?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
CybeRocK
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line inoperative

Hi, so are you currently with a different provider and are looking to get virgin media services? If that's the case please click on my name and send me a message, i will be able to help. Please stay safe!

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos