Menu
Fitimpira
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone line hack

Terrible experience with virgin media. Long story, short.

Last months bill came unexpectedly high. From £30 i usually paid came over £298. This was because of the home phone line.  The funny thing is i have never in my life used a land line . I called virgin media and for an explanation and they advised me to call my bank for the refund,  which i did. I also mentioned that the phone line must be suspended immediately as surely something is not right . 20 days later my services were suspended.  I called them again and it turned out , i owed the company over £512 for again call charges.  The company failed to do the most basic thing ( cut the phone line ) and investigate.  I was transferred to over 5 different departments and no case resolved. They finally booked an engineer to investigate and his words were : is there even a telephone in this house? But the fun keeps going , having spoken every 2 days for this issue each time over 2 hours on the phone again nothing resolved. The manager was supposed to call on the 1st February which he never did too. More than 15 times in 1 week calling them and asking to cut this phone line permanently as i have never used and will never use it again nothing. The charges are still happening today and the bill is now close to 1k. I have  been with Virgin for years but surely not anymore.  When the customer lets the company know 1 month in advance, that something is not right and the company takes no action,to at least prevent any further charges i could easily call them thieves and very irresponsible.  I have now taken the case to citizens Advice and police as advised and will sue the company for the significant stress they have caused . Many thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line hack

The topic of unexpected call charges gets regular mentions on the forum.

Do your unexpected charges involve 09 premium rate numbers? There have been mentions of those in the past on the forum causing large unexpected bills where the customer reports no knowledge of the calls.

Also, breaking down the phone numbers on the bills can show that the numbers being billed, or the call durations or times of the calls or the rates being charged for a particular number are inconsistent with each other or the published rates which should be charged.

Unfortunately, these topics usually swiftly disappear off to private message and an explanation or outcome is rarely published on the forum.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line hack

Hi Fitmpira,

thanks for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂
I am sorry to hear this, I can certainly take a look for you, I will pop you over a private message just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos