Menu
DavidM7
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line faulty (not mine)

Hello.

I really hope someone can help me. My mum's phone line is faulty and she is awaiting a phone call about her Covid jabs. She is classed as vulnerable and I have no way of getting in touch with her (apart from by letter).

Can anyone help me get her line fixed or advise me in any way?

David

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line faulty (not mine)

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, DavidM7,

Sorry to hear that your mum is having landline issues. Can you tell us a bit more regarding the fault she is having, is there a dial tone or can she make calls? Have you checked to see if this area related as it might be a known fault? You can check here.  We do also have an online troubleshooter that might be of some use: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-line-faults

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
DavidM7
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey.

Thank you for replying. 

There are no known issues in Mum's area (I've just checked) and I don't know what she hears when she tries to dial. When I call her, it rings twice or three times and then goes into static. (I can call other people fine.) 

My brother also reports the same problem when he tries to call Mum. We really need to sort it out because (as I say) she's a vulnerable older person and I worry she's missing her slot for her jab. 

Can I give you her number in a private way to check the line?

David

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information and sorry to hear this, I'll pop you over a private message if you can include as many of the security answers as possible.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos