Menu
salvator
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phone line does not work

Hi,

yesterday there were a lot of works done by VM technicians in the BN2 6 area of Brighton to improve our broadband. At the end of the day, our broadband and TV works fine, but our phone is completely gone. On the phone screen I see the message 'Check telephone line' and I don't have any dial in tone. I've checked with other people in the street which have VM as well, and they have no problem with their phones, so I'm assuming that when reconnecting the miriad of cables in the cabins that are along the street and in the street leading to ours the cables for my phone line have been muddled up? Any idea how I can get this sorted?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line does not work

Good morning @salvator 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your landline. 

Are you able to let me know,  are you connected via your hub or the traditional wall socket?

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
salvator
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI,

thanks for replying. The phone is connected via a traditional wall socket. It was working perfectly fine until yesterday, when the works started in our street....

I was going to contact VM directly to sort this out, but I cannot find any way to either chat with someone online or which number to call if one cannot use the landline (I don't seem to be able to call the 150 number from a phone that is not my landline).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us @salvator

It sounds like we need to send someone out to investigate.  To enable us to do this, I am going to send you a quick private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @salvator

Based on the information provided, I have booked the first available technician to attend your property.  You can verify this appointment on your online account.  Please do get back to me if you need this to be amended.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @salvator

Based on the information provided, I have booked the first available technician to attend your property on your preferred date.  You can verify this appointment on your online account.  Please do get back to me if you need this to be amended.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
salvator
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot !

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You're very welcome salvator

Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
salvator
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I just wanted to signal that this afternoon I got a message from VM on my mobile asking me if the engineer could come today rather than tomorrow. I replied to the text that they could come today (and took a few hours off work to be at home), but until now no one showed up. Rather disappointing, to be honest... hope the engineer will come as agreed between 8am and 12pm tomorrow, though.

Best wishes,

Fab

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @salvator,

I do apologise for the inconvenience. 

Your appointment should go ahead today as normal.

Let me know if there's any issues. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos