Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Phone line disconnected - nobody available to help

VM have cut my phone line off where my elderly mother lives alone and there is nobody to call and offer help. The phone line suggests they have an emergency contact centre and to stay on the phone but then it says 'we are closed' and cuts you off. That's ridiculous !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line disconnected - nobody available to help

The website says ...

Call us

Call 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile or 0345 454 1111 from any phone

Monday to Friday, 8am until 9pm
Saturday 8am until 8pm, and Sunday 8am until 6pm

Clearly they are not open till 6pm on a Sunday !!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ptanna

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of this. From checking the system it looks like someone is moving in to the property. Is this the case?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes. The account in my name was disconnected and a new account in my mum's name was setup with the same services. I was reassured there would be no disruption in services. But now I have no working home phone or internet connection. What is going on? I called the faults team this morning, was on hold for 20mins, he put me on hold to speak to the home movers team and then disconnected my call. This is a joke, your customer services when something goes wrong is awful and always has been.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry you feel this way. As it's a new account there would be new equipment etc sent out for it.

Has your Mum set up an online account or you set one up for her? If so, please log in and you'll be able to track the parcel

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I asked and was specifically told the existing router would continue to work and the internet remain active until the new router arrived and was plugged in. So why has the internet stopped working as of 12.05am today?

What about the phone line and telephone number? The telephone plugs into a socket on the wall. No equipment is needed for that. On my account I paid for services until 31st Aug. Why did that disconnect during the day and why is the phone line still not working? 

She has setup an online account and Yodel have the parcel in Nottingham still and have not updated when today they will deliver it. 

Why was I promised a smooth transition with no interruption in services when clearly you can't achieve that? 

Trying to talk to somebody on the phone is a joke. I spoke to Jason in the Faults Dept. who promised to call me back if it got disconnected. It got disconnected and he never called back. I spoke to home movers who just passed on and am on hold again. DO you think I have the whole morning to spend listening to your call waiting music while paying for the call off my mobile?

You left my elderly mum with health conditions without any services and somebody had to go over and spend the night there to make sure she was safe. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If it's a new account set up and not a Transfer of Ownership, then this can take thirty one days to go through, no new equipment needed etc. 

From checking the system this isn't the case. It's a new account with a new customer deal which is the wrong thing to happen and I'll have that fed back. 

The number will be fine don't worry. 

Let me know when you've activated the router.

The number you'll have given (mobile telephone) will get a text on it with a 2 hour delivery slot from the courier.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to somebody who has re-activated the existing router and agreed we can carry on using that instead of the new one that's being sent so the internet is working now.

What about the phone line? It was plugged into the wall master socket but I was told on the phone it has to go into the router now instead? The connection is different so I can't connect it.

When will the phone line start to work again? If I call the number it's just a dead tone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

From checking, it's the done via the router and I can see that an engineer visit has been booked in for the conversion for it. 

Let me know how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So my mum will be without a working phone line for 3 days? Thats great, don't you think?

Can you raise a complaint as this is not what what promised. I want to be compensated for the inconvenience and costs I have occurred. Somebody should call me on my mobile to discuss this.