cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line dead

robjwood
Tuning in

Our landline phone is dead (no dial tone when picking up and others can't get through to us). It's a standard phone that just connects to a wall socket (not the hub).

There are no known issues and we've even tried buying a new phone but that didn't fix things.

Our internet and TV are fine. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @robjwood

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @robjwood thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're unable to use your landline.  I am going to send you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @robjwood

I have booked the first available technician to attend your property to resolve your telephone fault.  You can view this appointment by signing into your online account here .  You can rearrange your appointment or indeed cancel it, if, if required.

Regards

Lee

Thanks. I don't know if anyone has done anything but the dial-tone is back (although it's very crackly)!

That's better news @robjwood can I ask if you've tested the call quality?

Regards

Lee

The only test I've done is to ring the landline via my mobile and it's crackly the whole time. Is there more I could do?

Are there any free phone numbers you can call?  Just so that you can test?  Or are you able to call your landline from your mobile with someone else in your property?

Regards

Lee

I've tried again and the line is dead again! I think I'll just wait for the engineer.

Hi @robjwood

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Happy with the quick responses from the forum team. Took the engineer about half an hour in total to get the phone hooked up to the hub and working again.