Menu
Lowton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead

My phone has been dead for at least three days - no dial tone. When I ring my number on my mobile I get a series of beeps before the line disconnects.

I have run the online diagnostic test which says nothing is wrong. I have phoned the help line (twice) and gone through the diagnostic rigmarole only to be informed (auto answer) that the tests are taking longer than usual, that I should hang up and that you will get back to me with the test results later - but I've had nothing back. I've tried the online chat, which took hours before I got a response, only to be told that my problem was being moved to another section and they would respond in 24 hours.

I know there are problems because of Covid, but is too much to ask for some sort of status report / feedback?

Perhaps it would be easier to cancel the service?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line dead

Thanks for the post Lowton and sorry to hear of the ongoing issues.

Can we please confirm if you're still experiencing any issues?

If so, what we can do is book an engineer appointment to investigate further. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Lowton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After three days, and another long phone call I eventually got through to a "human" in India. They passed me onto to second level support who told me the line had been inactivated i.e. disconnected, because of a "technical error". They reconnected the phone line with the click of a keyboard. I asked them to register my formal complaint, which clearly they have not done.

I'm very unhappy with the poor quality of service, and the cost incurred contacting Virgin technical service, using my mobile phone, to resolve a problem entirely of your making.

I am in the process of registering my complaint with OFFCOM.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Lowton,

Sorry for the issues that you've had with your phone line, I'm glad to know that this has now been resolved for you.

I have been able to locate your account and can confirm that a complaint was raised on the 5th September our system today. Any complaint can take upto 28 days to be resolved, you can find all about our complaints process here  

Regarding the cost of your calls into the team, if you called into our team on our 0345 this would normally be included with in your monthly allowances.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos