Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line dead

Hi, had engineer out, said the main phone terminal box up the road was the problem, and the 'network people' would fix it by Wed at the latest. Also said we didn't have to do anything, it would just start working. But it's still completely dead. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line dead

Hi panaka

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the telephone issue. 

I've ran a check on the system today and no issues for the telephone are showing. Do you have a dial tone this morning?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

No dial tone, no, not for a week now. The phone display reads "check phone line." The engineer said something like a card was loose in the junction box or whatever it's called, likely affecting around 10 households. But he wasn't allowed to fix that box and instead the network people would have to do it. But he said by Wed at the latest that would happen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

It needs a technician anyway as you've only got one upstream channel and that's out of spec, so I'll send them for both issues 🙂

I'll PM you now to sort this

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos