cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line change to hub

John124
Joining in

Hi we been with virgin media for a very long time . And I've received the email regarding the phone line change . I've read email carefully and I'll probably just get the fit yourself kit . Because I've move my router upstairs ect . Anyway my question is . When you're email states that a self fit kit will come with everything needed . You see we still have the very old router I think it's called hub 1 . I'm assuming I will get a new hub in box for the fitting right . That my only question really . Thanks john

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi John124,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

So regarding the phone line change you will essentially receive an adaptor that will connect the phone handset and the Hub together.

Are both devices in different rooms?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi yes . The old virgin media router hub 1 . In upstairs and phone down stairs. But I have fitted ethernet connection boxes in all rooms and I use a external router for the all ethernet and WiFi internet . And I just have the virgin media router in modem mode . 

So was thinking I can use one the ethernet connection in room by phone as a extension to connect the phone line to new router ect 

Yes just recap

Phone in living room down stairs and virgin media hub 1 in middle bedroom. And that connects to another router in a full house ethernet network

J

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay thanks for the response there.

So regarding this we'll actually be sending a new Hub out as that would be required for the new fibre line service.

Also so we can sort out the phone line we'd need to book a technician.

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Hi again not seeing your pm to in in my inbox . 

But away . In email it states I can just phone for a self fit kit.  I prefer that if possible because not home a lot with work you see . 

And I did have the virgin media router originally next to phone down stairs many many years ago when it was installed . I can simply just put the new router down stairs again right next to phone . If that make it easier . 

I only move the router upstairs years ago to improve WiFi.  But since then I've had a ethernet network fitted to so 

So will it be possible to arrange for a quick start kit with new router and adapter and just fit it originally positioned . J

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies John124,

Please expect a PM from myself now to get this sorted/

Thanks.

Kain