Menu
Lightfoot72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Phone line been down more than 10 days

How can I get help?

I’ve sent over £50 on my mobile trying to get  through to virgin media so far but no answers! 

When i ring a recorded message says ‘an engineer is on his way’ and has been saying that for 10 days!

when I call and hold on for 1/2hr or more I eventually get through to call centre who repeat the same and then tell me it will but up and working by 4pm (3 times now).

when i’ve tried calling the service update line it says ‘sorry no recordings for yr area!’

when I use the chat you enter all yr security questions then they tell me there’s a problem in my area. When I say yes I know what else can you tell me they said one min i’ll Transfer you. Then a new agent appears asking for security questions and how can I help!

It’s beyond words and in desperation now! Feel exhausted they it all!

anyone at VM care to reply and tell me what’s going on? When will it be working and what compensation I can have before I ask you to take it all away?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line been down more than 10 days

Hi Lightfoot72,

Sorry to hear that your landline is down and that you're struggling to get more information.

Using the details on this site, I can see that there is an outage in your area and the estimated fix time is 05/08/19 at 1400.

There is an issue on the switch side and our engineers are currently working on a fix and I apologise for the inconvenience.

With regards to compensation, please take a look here .

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lightfoot72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

i hope you’re right and it will be resolved by Monday at 2pm. As mentioned i’ve Been given deadlines before that have long elapsed. If it’s not a realistic deadline VM shouldn’t be giving these deadlines out. You need to set realistic realistic deadlines for your customers otherwise it’s extremely disappointing. 

I have read the link you sent me below. When can I expect a reply to my formal complaint? No word as of yet and I made the complaint last week. It mentions I can speak to a manager in my preferred method of contact. Can you arrange that please?

regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I understand Lighfoot, depending on the complexity and nature of the fault, there may be unforeseen delays but our team is working on a fix. The outage ticket is F007281609 and hopefully the estimated fix time won't change again.

If you have raised a complaint with us, it can take between 7 to 29 days for a member of the Complaints Team to contact you after a full investigation and this is via a call as standard.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lightfoot72
Tuning in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hey guess what? My landline is still not working and it's after 2pm?

Can you explain why? I thought you said this estimated fix time wouldn't change? What is the point of giving someone an estimated fix time and it moves? Once, understandable, 5 time - extremely bad estimating and fobbing people off!

Also can you tell me who I can send my vodafone itemised bill to so that I can get a refund for the calls I've made to Virgin media. I have it in a PDF format.

Thanks I'll await a reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Our fix times are always estimated for instance like this that may over run ^GT

0 Kudos
Lightfoot72
Tuning in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Not a very accurate estimate then! If I gave my work an estimate and it was wrong 5 times I'd probably be fired!

What about the other part of my question Gareth? Can you answer that please??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

For refunds you can attach them to a complaints webform found here  virg.in/VMcontact ^GT

0 Kudos
Lightfoot72
Tuning in
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Gareth_L - I have done that an submitted an online form and filled in the boxes but it doesn't allow you to attach an attachment. Please supply an email address that I can email this PDF to.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

We have no email address as a contact method ^GT

0 Kudos