Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone line always busy

Hi, I am having issues with my home phone, I cannot phone outward or receive calls inward, when my son phones the house phone from his mobile in the house it says 'Line Busy' the line is not busy as my son is here and knows no-one is on the phone, when I lift the handset the noise is deafening with no dial tone at all it's just like static, we have followed all the advice on the help section in the community forums and elsewhere, it's fair enough to say if you have an issue call our friendly team on 150, now i would love to hear the friendly team on the phone but when your phone doesn't work what do you do? send a carrier pigeon? this is unacceptable service. I am not technology minded and had to get my son to write this, any help asap would be appreciated, as we are pensioners we need a working phone especially during this trying time. we also tried the phone test online it reaches 6% then says it's inconclusive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line always busy

Thanks for the post JaniceB147 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you were able to try an alternative wired handset? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, I am so sorry, don't have any alternative wired telephones, been binned years ago.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No problem, I've booked an appointment for you using the forum information so we can investigate further.

You can check the details of this appointment and reschedule if needed on your online account.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos