Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone issues

Last weekend I had no dialling tone on my home phone and was unable to make or receive calls as a consequence, after doing a test on the Virgin website found it was a known fault in the area and was being looked at by an Engineer. You had the option to notify VM about this and they would automatically compensate you for the loss of service once it was resolved (which I did).

How long does it take for this money to be credited to your account as its been a week so far and I've yet to receive anything? My phone service was down for about 3 days

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone issues

Hello

This link will give you all the information required :- https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As documented in point 27 of the T&Cs here:

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

It should take no more than one month from the date it was fixed to be credited, so if your issue was last week they still have up to three weeks left to credit your account.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As I expected 4 weeks since the issue with my phone line and nothing in the way of reimbursement from VM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anbro172,

Thank you for your reply, can I ask how long did the outage last? As it is an automated system it will only add the credit if the outage has been more than 2 days. Is your landline working now?

Many thanks,

Zoie_P 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It was down for about 3 days or at least I was aware of this issue for this time. First noticed on Friday and was fixed at some point on Sunday. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, Anbro17,

I am more than happy to have a look into this for you as if it was over the 2 days you should have received something. I will pop you over a private message asking for some details, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Many Thanks,

Zoie_P