cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone/fibre

AimeeY
Just joined

Will my Panasonic KX-TGC220E phone be compatible with virgin fibre?

11 REPLIES 11

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @AimeeY 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

We don't have a list of handsets that are compatible with the fibre network.

Sorry that this isn't an answer you wanted, if we can be of any further assistance, please let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AimeeY wrote:

Will my Panasonic KX-TGC220E phone be compatible with virgin fibre?

That appears to be a current Panasonic model so you should reasonably expect it to work without any issues.

Client62
Legend

Use the original cable that Panasonic supplied and the adaptor the VM will supply & you will be fine.

I have this phone and changed over yesterday, so far it can make outgoing calls but does not ring with incoming calls.. caller at other end hears phone ringing but nothing here

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Billm111 wrote:

I have this phone and changed over yesterday, so far it can make outgoing calls but does not ring with incoming calls.. caller at other end hears phone ringing but nothing here

Are you using an old phone (early 2000's era or before)?

It may need an adapter with a ringing capacitor in it to make the phone ring

Hi @Billm111,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your landline service. Are you able to test a different handset to see if that helps improve matters at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No, phone is about 2 years old and is a Panasonic, with DECT so should work I believe. Obviously rebooted router etc, will give it some time to settle down and try again. Not really a big issue right now as everyone calls my mobile (that I’m interested in speaking to )

Hi Billm111

Thanks for posting in regards to the recent changes to your landline service and issues experienced, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Depending on when the change completed, it can take up to 24 hours for all of the details and features to update, please let us know after this time if there is still an issue.

Rob

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Billm111 wrote:

No, phone is about 2 years old and is a Panasonic, with DECT so should work I believe. Obviously rebooted router etc, will give it some time to settle down and try again. Not really a big issue right now as everyone calls my mobile (that I’m interested in speaking to )

Correct, a two year old Panasonic phone should work with no issues. What is the exact model number please?

Some features which might cause this are if the phone is in 'silent mode' or ringer volume turned down or if some kind of 'do not disturb' mode is enabled. These will depend on the phone model as to if they are available and they can sometimes accidentally be switched on when moving the phone about during the switchover.

Edit: When you dial out from your landline to your mobile, is the correct caller ID for your landline number showing up on the mobile?

When you dial in to your landline, does the landline phone register a call is coming in on the caller ID display (just with no ringing sound).

There have been quite a few topics on here recently about VM losing/changing existing phone numbers when customers' lines are switched.