cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone fibre adapter

Barry_P
Tuning in

I have received a phone fibre adapter and looking at the installation instructions it will not work with the setup I have at the moment. The phone socket is in a remote location to the hub so is not a simple plug in solution as described in the instructions. The hub is close to the internal box and the phone cable is hardwired into this box and run to the existing phone socket. Can the phone cable be fitted with a phone plug that can be plugged into the new adapter? From inspection it appears that only 2 wires are used in the phone cable.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline extension sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.

Alternatively, a cordless phone system allows you to use phones around the home with no wiring modifications or disruption. Plug the cordless base station into the VM hub and use the cordless satellite phones around your home as required. If you already have a cordless system, you may be able to add in another cordless satellite phone to the existing setup as/if required. If you needed to buy a cordless phone system, to avoid any rewiring work, this would be at a cost to you

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Barry_P, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the connections and the adaptor.

I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Barry_P, thanks for the PM. 

I am glad to see that this is on the way to becoming resolved. 

Please let us know if you have any issues? 

Kind regards, Chris.