Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone does not ring on incoming calls

Ok, new customer, just a couple of weeks.
delay getting existing number transferred so this problem did not become immediately apparent.

Checked Friday, landline works fine, I get a dial tone and can make calls, but, whenever some rings me, the phone does not ring.

two different phones tried, problem still there. I called myself at home from my mobile, and when I pickup the landline, I could talk to myself, so problem seems to be that phone is not getting whatever it needs to announce a call.

I have hub 3, just the phone plugged in, nothing else.

Have tried resetting hub.

ran tests from virgin media online, says no phone connected!

checked service status, no issues

rang help desk, on hold for over an hour, eventually told that there was some kind of service outage in my area but should be fixed within an hour.

that was Friday 6th, still not ringing when called.

suggestions?

FAO Virgin, it was a toss up between you and Sky. If you cannot fix this, I will exercise my right to cancel the contract as you are unable to provide the services contracted for, and go to Sky.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone does not ring on incoming calls

Solved it.

This thread tells us all what the problem may be. Had one of these ASDL filters, just tried it, phone rings as it should when called.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Black-phone-dongle-for-HUB-3-Ringing-Capacitor-Older...

VIRGIN- given the number of people who seem to have this problem, about time you got your engineers up to speed and gave them a box full of these items to test phones at install. Mine came form my old Vodafone broadband kit which had two in the box!

0 Kudos