Menu
Simonbenson1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone crackling noise

Can’t hear anyone on the other end. 

had two phones which returned the same problem. 

broadband has been cutting out for hours on end to but no answers the phone at the support centre. 

done all the tests - nothing comes back as broken. 

No other attachments such as filters or extensions are attached. This is the only phone socket and no other phones operate in the house. 

please help. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone crackling noise

Welcome to our Community Forum Simonbenson1 and sorry to hear about your landline issues.

I've taken a look at your details and can see that there is a local fault in your area for high utilisation and the estimated fix time is 24/06. We're currently working on a fix for this and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

About your telephone line, apart from it being crackly, is there a dial tone and are you able to make and receive calls successfully? Sorry for the questions but I'm trying to get a clearer picture of the issue.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Simonbenson1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It will ring if I call from my mobile but the is no dial tone I can hear and you couldn’t conduct a two way phone call on it. It has been on and off for months like this. I only noticed recently as someone called 

the broadband has got somewhat better but there are significant black spots in the house where ther is no signal

0 Kudos
Simonbenson1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The broadband also switches off for hours on end and has been doing so not the last two months. I have had two days of no service and no compensation from virgin. I am literally paying for nothing on occasions. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

About your broadband, I had a look at your network details and everything is within range and I can't see any errors. It will be difficult to get a tech out to take a look due to the local fault as our system will just cancel it. I'm sorry but please bear with us whilst we work on the fix.

Let me send you a Private Message so I can look further into your telephone line issue and carry out some checks.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos