Menu
Elliedaddy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone connection..

Hi all. I have vm phone and where the cable comes into the property we have managed to pull the wire from the box before it goes into the actual phone box. If i replace the wire from the outside brown box can I put the cable straight into the virgin media box. ( where the phone cable comes out from) 

Many thanks. 

And which cables go to which points.. we have 2 cables at the outside box. 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone connection..

Thank you for the post Elliedaddy.

Can we please confirm if you're advising us that the damage has created a fault with your service? We're the only ones liable to work on our equipment and if any third party work has been done any fault call-outs from then may be chargeable. 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Elliedaddy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily. We've had some work.done..and originally virgin (ntl) fitted the wire where my mother didn't.want it.. so.when we have moved the wood off the wall.the wire was screwed to.that..that is where the damaged wires have happened..

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for explaining the issue here, we'll need to pass some security and book an engineer appointment for you. 

If the engineer finds that this is faulty wiring that we installed this would be a free call-out although if the damage was caused by the work done by yourselves it may be a £99 charge. 

I'll pop you over a private message now if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos