Menu
tedgrant
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phone charges on "Talk more any time"

My package includes "Talk more any time",

but my bill shows a charge for a phone call to an 07855 number.  The call lasted 2 minutes. 

Why ?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone charges on "Talk more any time"

Hi tedgrant,

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear about the charge on your bill. 

I will private message you so we can investigate this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
goslow
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@tedgrant wrote:

My package includes "Talk more any time",

but my bill shows a charge for a phone call to an 07855 number.  The call lasted 2 minutes. 

Why ?

Hopefully @Martin_N will provide an explanation and resolve for you but check and compare what is shown in your 'My Virgin Media'.

When you first log in, the summary page should show your phone package. Check this with what is shown in the contract page within MVM. There have been several past topics where the two do not match. My own MVM summary page incorrectly shows 'Talk More Evenings and Weekends' which should actually be 'Talk Evenings and Weekends' (which is what I am actually charged for).

There have also been some past topics with certain features disappering from packages during contract renegotiations, unbeknown to the customer, if you have done that recently.

If you have the Talk More Anytime package the 07855 code looks as if it should be included in that plan.

0 Kudos
tedgrant
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

I am very upset with the service from VM

I can't access the VM email and they are charging me for phone calls which are supposed to be free

The monthly charges have doubled in two years !

And it's very difficult to get any help

I think the answer is to switch to another supplier

I shall ask all my friends and relatives for their recommendations

I certainly wouldn't recommend VM to anyone.

Regards

0 Kudos
goslow
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did you receive and reply to the private message sent to you by @Martin_N at message #2?

The VM forum team are usually good at unravelling and resolving these kinds of issues. They should be able to help with your call charge and email problem.

Unfortunately, in regard to the price rises, the choices are to keep paying or to ring up and see if you can renegotiate in return for another 18 month contract or to move to another provider.

BT FTTP is becoming much more available now. Do you have another option via that route if speed is important to you? If speed is not that important then do have a look around at other providers. You will get new customer pricing is you are willing/able to make the move.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly appreciate your frustration with this tedgrant. 

As advised though we do need to speak directly with the account holder to be able to discuss this further. 

If the account holder is happy to contact us then we can proceed. 

^Martin

0 Kudos